*countable infinities only

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jun 18 03:54:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:21:14 -0400 (EDT)
Jay Sulzberger <jays at panix.com> wrote:

> I think 50 million dollars toward buying, and properly arranging
> the UEFI, of several lots of x86 computers would indeed solve
> part of the problem you point out.
>
> Why not?

Why? 50million dollars is a big order, but I don't see how this would
change MicroSoft's mind, or the vendors who still wish to sell Windows
8 client certified systems.

Out of curiosity, what would be different about these machines you
propose?

Secure boot off by default?
Secure boot completely removed?

> What does Red Hat have to lose?

50 million dollars?

> If Red Hat takes no effective action, then Red Hat will lose much
> more than 50 million dollars, and very soon too.

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic here, sorry.

kevin