*countable infinities only

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Jun 18 05:25:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 01:16:37AM -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > The machine will have a functional UEFI implementation. Why would we
> > want to replace it?
>

> Um, because you're not asking permission?

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're suggesting here. It's
not possible to simply replace a system's firmware with another
implementation. You could chainboot from one UEFI implementation into
another, but if the first implements secure boot then you'd have the
same set of bootstrapping problems as you would with just booting an OS.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org