Replacing grubby with grub2-mkconfig in kernel install process

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jun 18 10:12:40 UTC 2012

Ben Rosser wrote:
> It seems to me that we should make the boot menu more consistent somehow.
> I feel like the simplest solution is just to run grub2-mkconfig at every
> kernel update, and stop using grubby for this.

If we do this, can we PLEASE drop the braindead Fedora patch which changes
"GNU/Linux" to just "Linux"? "Fedora GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.…" makes sense,
"Fedora Linux, with Linux 3.…" (which Fedora's grub2-mkconfig generates
right now) does not, it looks very confusing.

Linux is just the kernel.

        Kevin Kofler