Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jun 18 11:03:01 UTC 2012

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> writes:

> The async-message bus isn't the only problem. You *have* to restart a
> process before it will be running a new library version. That mean
> testing (and probably patching) every single application and daemon in
> our stack

Why testing the daemons? Any daemon which cannot be restarted by
systemctl restart foo.daemon is broken already.

> and working around this for the proprietary stuff we can't even see
> the code for. That includes things like wine, mono, all the different
> interpretors, and all the runtimes that we include in Fedora.

Requiring a log out is ok IMHO, if there are processes in the session
still having the old library mapped after the upgrade. If there are
processes which are neither daemons nor part of a session, we should
probably have a good look at why.

/Benny