Replacing grubby with grub2-mkconfig in kernel install process

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 18 08:43:14 UTC 2012

Am 18.06.2012 09:30, schrieb drago01:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 17/06/12 20:15, drago01 wrote:
>>>
>>> By that logic we could just stop development today.
>>

>> Yes, and there are places where we should.
>
> No.

yes

>> That is to stop reinventing the  wheel.
>
> This would just result into stagnation while the competition invents
> much better wheels and leave us behind.

what competition damned?
grub is the best example for things which did not reinvented

grub1 was easy to understand and configure

grub2 is simply a lot of crappy scripts, even the damned config
file is a script and only 1 out of 1000 people will ever understand
what this crap is supposed to do

the goal of a bootloader is starting different operating systems
well, grub1 has done this for many years and would also these
days if some people wpuld have not decided to kill it by dependencies