*countable infinities only

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:33:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:14:04AM -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
>> > So you want Fedora to boot on all hardware sold?
>>
>> I want Red Hat, Fedora, and the free software community to come to
>> terms with what they must do in the context created by this new
>> technology.  That does not mean boot on all hardware sold.
>
> Could you please give a concrete description of what you want because I
> have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at this point.

I can't now.  Jay would certainly engage fruitfully in a discussion
based on the parameters described.  I will say: A political campaign
that rebukes Microsoft. A stand that does not accommodate Microsoft
before we see a technical path forward and a realistic future for free
software.  Technically, I'll say only this for now: a UEFI that tells
the truth to the user and makes things non-scary, on trustworthy
hardware -- plus all the infrastructure needed to render the use of
these systems viable for free software.

But Jay can address these things better than I.

Seth