*countable infinities only

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Mon Jun 18 15:03:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 01:09:52AM -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
> The game is now just about over.  What if one day, Microsoft
> makes it even harder to install Fedora without a Microsoft
> controlled key?  What if, as has already happened with ARM,
> Microsoft refuses to grant Fedora a special key?
>
> Microsoft has not refused to grant Fedora a key for ARM.

This I do not understand.  By reports in the admittedly
incompetent magazines dealing with home computers, Microsoft's
policy is to keep Fedora, and any other OSes, except for
Microsoft OSes, off all Microsoft Certified ARM devices.

Perhaps you mean that Fedora has not asked Microsoft for a signing key.

Further questions ad ARM: According to Microsoft, can, in future,
"SecureBoot" be disabled on Microsoft Certified ARM devices?
Will the person who walks out of the store with a Microsoft
Certified ARM device be able to put their own signing key in?
What about the PK?

Thanks, Matthew.

oo--JS.