*countable infinities only

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 16:25:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 11:14 -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
>
> > > On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:56:54AM -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
> > >
> > > We just need hardware we can install Fedora on, as once we did,
> > > without asking Microsoft for permission.
> >
> > System76 have committed to providing hardware without pre-enabled secure
> > boot.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
>
> Matthew, I am delighted to hear this.
>
> Note that this contradicts the claim, made more than once in
> this thread, that such an arrangement is, in practice, impossible.

That claim is made in relation to the main vendors of mainstream systems
- your Dells, Acers and the like - who want to preload Windows. Of
course, if you don't want to preload Windows, Microsoft certification
requirements mean nothing to you.

If you read carefully, no-one has ever stated otherwise.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey