Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 18 16:36:01 UTC 2012

Am 18.06.2012 18:09, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> I mean, have you ever tried to upgrade firefox while running firefox? If
> you did, you know how awfully wrong that goes... [1]
>
> So, you have three problems: a) you cannot safely determine what to
> restart. b) you cannot restart many components of the OS at all c)
> upgrades cannot be atomic.

i even did DIST-UPGRADES while Firefox, Thunderbird, the whole KDE
and Eclipse where up and running without issues

only while KDE parts get updated the start of a NEW instamce of a
kde-app (as example kate) fails but there was never a problem with
running applications

and now you come the road and thell us firefox can not be
updated while it is running? strange that i apply FF updates
since years in my daily workload and after all are finished the
browser get's restarted or even at the next day if the update
happens 1 or 2 hours before i go home