Schedule for Monday's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:58:50 UTC 2012

On 18 June 2012 17:36, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> and now you come the road and thell us firefox can not be
> updated while it is running? strange that i apply FF updates
> since years in my daily workload and after all are finished the
> browser get's restarted or even at the next day if the update
> happens 1 or 2 hours before i go home

No, I'm telling you that it works 99.99%[1] of the time quite well.
When it fails, it fails hard, and the user creates an angry bugzilla
pointing at me that i have to read and try to explain to the user why
their bookmarks are lost or why firefox needs to be kill-9'd before it
can be launched again from a launcher.

Richard.

[1] 0.01% x installed userbase = lots of bugzilla spam in my inbox.