Replacing grubby with grub2-mkconfig in kernel install process

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:53:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 18/06/12 09:30, drago01 wrote:
>>
>> This would just result into stagnation while the competition invents
>> much better wheels and leave us behind.
>

> Abstracting for the sake of discussion from the particular case of grub2
> could you at least imagine new program which would be worse than the program
> it replaces?

Sure. But a new program can as well be better then the one it replaces
even if the other one has been in use for years. Not even trying to
improve the old or replace it with something better that comes up
means stagnation which is what I am objecting to.You have to make
changes to go forward.

Horses worked fine as transport "vehicles" for *many* years. Still
people decided to replace them and we ended up with trains, cars, ....