Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jun 19 17:15:13 UTC 2012

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> First and foremost each SIG sets and choose what is on the spin they
> ship so if you dont want to ship the bloat that gets added with the
> "MiniDebugInfo" then simply don't atleast afaik now there is nothing
> forcing spins to ship something that they don't want to.

How would you suggest we implement this? rm -rf the stuff in %post?
(Yuck!!!) As I understand it, the symbols will be bloating the main packages
and not be in subpackages. (Debuginfo subpackages are what we have now.)

> With my QA hat on I can tell you that we test components that make up
> the spin(s) but do not care anything about the size of the spins nor
> should we since as I said before that decision should be made/handled by
> the SIG since they are the ones creating the spins to suit *their*
> target audience as best as they can.

The target size is one of the release-blocking criteria you're supposed to
validate.

        Kevin Kofler