Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 18:32:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:33 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 05:15 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > The target size is one of the release-blocking criteria you're supposed to
> > validate.
>
> Yeah but that's just for the "Default" spin not spins in general which
> is the Gnome Desktop environment.
>
> If we did not have the so called "Default" we would be validating that
> spins would fit the valid image size it has chosen for *their* target
> audience.

As KDE is a release-blocking desktop, if it fails to meet its size
target, that would be a blocker bug, in my estimation. But it remains
the case that it's the KDE spin SIG's choice what that target size
should be, AFAIK.

The criterion says "The network installation image, DVD image, and live
images for release-blocking desktops must meet current size requirements
"
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey