Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 18:40:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 13:32 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> To avoid confusion over units or rounding/truncation (1 GB isn't *exactly* 953
> >> MiB, for example), the QA size tests are expressed in bytes -  see
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_ISO_Size .
> >
> > FWIW, in the Deliverables SOP I've been working on for a bit -
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_releng_SOP_deliverables - I went with KiB, at least so far.
> >
> > (The SOP is still under heavy revision, btw.)
>
> Not sure if it's too early, but keep in mind that ARM images will have
> utterly difference size constraints.

Well, as I'm writing the SOP ARM is still not a primary arch and so it's
not considered at all in that draft. If you read it, it mentions
specifically the stuff that's delivered as part of the primary arch
release and makes no mention of non-primary arch images.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey