Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jun 19 21:03:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:00:46 -0700
Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:

> On 06/19/2012 12:16 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >
> > In any case Kevin K. probably can comment on what landed the KDE
> > distribution on the Relengs DVD and on the release blocker in the
> > first place.
>

> Gnome and KDE were both on the release DVD/CDs since pre-Fedora.
> They were the only desktops on the release media of note.  When we
> created Fedora Core and then Fedora Extras, KDE remained in Core to
> continue to be on the release media.  When we merged Core and Extras
> KDE remained on the release DVD, partly because of historical status,
> and partly because of general sentiment that it was the #1
> alternative desktop to the Gnome default.  When the Release Blocking
> Desktops set was decided, it was likely based on what was on the DVD.

I'll add to that to note that we now have Xfce, LXDE and Sugar all on
the DVD.

I've considered asking about making Xfce a blocking desktop, but I have
no idea how the LXDE and Sugar communities are with helping testing,
etc.

It would mean added burden on QA folks to test more stuff, and added
burden on maintainers of those desktops to create timely fixes for any
blocker issues that come up.

kevin