Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 21:53:57 UTC 2012

> Having a desktop be a blocking desktop also somewhat assumes you'll be
> getting QA volunteer time to run through your test cases, whereas when
> it's not blocking there isn't that assumption.  The SIG can still create
> and validate their own test and release criteria, and propose something
> as a blocker, but it's not guaranteed to be accepted.
>
> At least that's how I see it from when I was involved in the release
> process.

More or less, except we never take issues specific to non-blocking
desktops as blockers; it's not a discretionary thing, it's just a
straight line. By policy, a bug specific to Xfce or LXDE (or any other
desktop beside KDE/GNOME) cannot block release. Bugs in non-blocking
desktops that would block release if they were in blocking desktops are
automatically given NTH status.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey