Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 22:36:53 UTC 2012

> >> If an manpower to cover anything else then critical path became a

> > This is fine in theory, but it doesn't hold up terribly well in
> > practice. Just about every time we roll a TC/RC, I mail the lists for
> > each desktop - GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE, and Sugar - and ask for help in
> > filling out the validation matrix. We get help fairly often for GNOME
> > and KDE, and satellit_ usually covers Sugar, but we very rarely get
> > anything for Xfce or LXDE.
>
> At which point you have to decide "If nobody is willing to test it, can
> we really call it a blocker?" or you just block the whole release until
> somebody comes along and tests it (usually yourself).
>
> Ultimatums that require people to do work don't often fly here in Fedora
> land.  Ultimatums that are arranged in "do this, or you lose that
> status" tend to work better, because the failure case is easier to
> handle.  They lose $status and life moves on.

Sure. My concern with the Xfce/LXDE case is that I'm sure it's worth
going through a 'declare them blockers and expecting testing to come
from the community, find that testing doesn't happen, declare them not
blockers any more' cycle if we're 95% sure that's what would happen. I'd
be happier either just committing QA to finding the time to test them if
necessary, or not making them blockers at all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey