Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:59:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again anything that gets handed out at various events should be considered
> release blockers since the quality of that product reflects back at us as a
> community thus if an relevant SIG cannot cover it's own release testing
> apart from what we consider core and QA handles ( which in essence is what
> those spins build upon ) it should be removed from anything we officially
> hand out thus no longer be considered release blockers.

At what point in the process would you place the go-no-go as to the
release of a specific deliverable as an official spin?

In an effort to not beatup an existing subgroup that is perhaps
shorthanded I'll talk about a hypthetical situation.
For the sake of argument lets assume I and a small group of heroic
people were able to beat CDE into shape as a new fedora spin.
Retro is the new hotness right...

We get a spin out the door we get on the spins page for a release or
two....we are rocking the world. And then for some reason on the next
release we all fall behind and we don't keep up with the necessary
integration changes.  And CDE is just horribly broken for months.  A
lot of bugs get set as release blockers and we are pinged...but we
just don't get the work done.....

At one point in the pre-release process does our Spin get culled from
the herd and we are told..sorry..this release won't have a CDE spin?
At what point does the QA and release team just punt?

-jef