time to fix silly ssh bug

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 00:36:07 UTC 2012

On 19/06/12 04:01 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:37:43 +0200, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Yes allowing any user to list/read any content in your home dir would be a bad
>> default.

And yet my latest F17 installation ended up with 755 for my home dir, even though umask in
/etc/login.defs is 077. A bug in Anaconda?

> Why?  It would be different default, it would be the default that always has
> been that way on UNIces.  It is useful to learn how other users have
> configured this or that rc file on that machine.  ~/Mail always was 700.

Fedora 16 created user homes with 700, Fedora 17 did 755 for my user. If it's not a bug then I can't
see anything about this change in F17 release notes. Am I missing something?

Dariusz