default DNS caching name server on Fedora ?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 16:21:17 UTC 2012

Simo Sorce (simo at redhat.com) said:
> Of course for this to work properly we need some level of integration
> between Network Manager and the DNS caching server so that the dynamic
> configurations can be pushed in/out when the related networks come
> up/down.
>
> Discuss.

man NetworkManager.conf:

       dns=plugin1,plugin2, ...
              List DNS plugin names separated by ','. DNS plugins are used to
              provide  local caching nameserver functionality (which speeds up
              DNS queries) and to push DNS data to applications that use it.

              Available plugins:

              dnsmasq
                     this plugin uses dnsmasq to provide local caching name‐
                     server functionality.

(Note: haven't tried this.)

Bill