FSF address fix and timestamps

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:37:50 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 06:59 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi Fedora community,
>
> I know that I can fix the new address of sources files with sed
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_tricks#Wrong_FSF_address).  I
> think that timestamp should not be preserved because it's a change, a
> really small change, but a change after all , what do you think?
>
> Thanks in advance!
I don't know what to say about the timestamps, but perhaps script below
is helpful. Beware, those are long source lines which will be split by
the email software... it fixes most of it, if not all  :)

--alec

#!/bin/sh
for f in $@; do
    sed -i  -e 's/59 Temple Place.*USA/51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
Boston, MA  02110-1301 USA/' \
            -e 's/675 Mass Ave.*USA/51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
Boston, MA  02110-1301 USA/'    \
            -e 's/59 Temple Place[ ,-]*Suite 330/51 Franklin Street,
Fifth Floor/'                   \
            -e 's/MA[ ]*02111-1307/MA
02110-1301/'                                                   \
             $f
done