Introduction regarding VirtualGL and bumblebee review requests

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 07:10:23 UTC 2012

There's a total different approach slated for inclusion into newer
xorg versions by Dave Airlie:

http://airlied.livejournal.com/#item76078

That's something that relies on deep changes in the xorg stack.
It allows card switching, GPU offload, GPU hotswitching etc. All is
controlled by xrandr to do the proper adjustments.
In my opinion that's a much better solution than Bumblebee and it's
going to be integrated by Fedora as part of new xorg components.

Regards,
--Simone

On 21 June 2012 04:17, Gary Gatling <gsgatlin at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Oh sure. I know Jack pretty well. We talk on IM almost every day. He
> actually suggested to me that I go this route about submitting it to fedora
>  when I asked him for some advice about bumblebee.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Gary Gatling <gsgatlin at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>> > My name is Gary Gatling and I work at North Carolina State University
>> > supporting Linux in the college of engineering. I mainly work with Red
>> > Hat
>> > Enterprise Linux.
>>
>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I co-maintain one or two packages Jack Neely @ ncsu.edu in RPM
>> Fusion... any chance you know him? In any case, welcome aboard.
>>
>> - Ken
>> --

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).