[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:04:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 16:57 -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:
>
>> I know that we've been told that this is a done deal and that everyone
>> should just get over it, but this is a feature that I think truly sucks
>> for a lot of reasons and there hasn't been any _actual_ benefits that
>> have been proven for it, just lots of hand waving and anecdotes about
>> how it works.
>
> I'm not quite sure about this being a done deal. Anybody with strong
> arguments, which were not discussed on the FESCo meeting which ACKed the
> feature, can propose in the FESCo tracker to revert the decision.

Additionally, it's been turned on in rawhide.  If over the course of
f18 development it becomes apparent that it's a major problem, and
people make a strong case for this backed up by solid data, we can
indeed revert and turn it off.  Nothing is set in stone, but having
the feature in rawhide is a good way to get an idea of how well it
will work.  Not perfect, but it's what rawhide is for.

-J

http://cecinestpasunefromage.wordpress.com/