double <tab>

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:56:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Richard Vickery  wrote:

> Before F-17 I had become accustomed to using the double <tab> to get a list
> of the commands; perhaps you set it bu default at least in the release on
> the website. This time I upgraded through the link in the mail. Perhaps I
> asked this before and forgot the method: what is the proper command to get a
> list of all of the commands,

I am not exactly sure if you are looking for this, but try
$ for ex in $(find $(echo $PATH |sed 's|:| |g') -executable); do
basename $ex; done |sort

and perhaps, how do I set it up through this
> <tab> shortcut?

If you are using a standard shell (sh, bash, ...) all of these should
be available through the tab completion.

Perhaps you wanted to post this to the fedora-users list?

Best,
Orcan