default DNS caching name server on Fedora ?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jun 22 07:46:06 UTC 2012

Le Jeu 21 juin 2012 01:09, Dan Williams a écrit :
> I spent some time looking at this today.  NM already has plugins for
> dnsmasq and a long-since-dead one for bind.  We can certainly add a
> plugin for dnssec-trigger or even unbound

Which is a mess. How many DNS services do we need on a single box?

Please make NM work well with one full-featured DNS service (any one I don't
care which one) and make this DNS service the default in Fedora so there is no
situation like NM wants to launch DNS 1, admins needs DNS 2 because DNS 1 is
missing features, IPA or samba wants to run DNS 3 because that's what it
integrates with, etc

This is getting as bad as the spellchecker situation a few years ago.

--
Nicolas Mailhot