(re)starting of a daemon after package update

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Jun 22 08:01:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:01:16PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> one reason more why the cuurent behavior re-starting services
> >> on updates is simply wrong:
> >
> > You complained that service is restarted during update. Well, in this case, restart is not sufficient. We even have
> > to be sure, the service is not running when there are both old and new files in place. Not restarting the service
> > would be "simply wrong"
>
> is is NOT simpy wrong
>
> * i am the admin
> * i decide the time when a service is restarted
> * you have no clue what implication a restart of whatever
>   service has in my environment
> * so you should give me a way to disable the auto-restarts globally
>

> currently i have to rebuild every single server-package to remove this

  You know you could have just replaced systemctl with a script ignoring
"try-restart" and similar subcommands?  And only doing actual restart
when called with "reindl-says-restart"?

  But you choosed to rebuilt every package. Meh.

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   one blends softly casual into the other.