Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 22 23:51:35 UTC 2012

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> In any case Kevin K. probably can comment on what landed the KDE
> distribution on the Relengs DVD and on the release blocker in the first
> place.

A long fight by KDE SIG. It took several releases (including one or two
releases which shipped a KDE live image with bugs which would probably have
been considered blockers if the blocker process hadn't been arbitrarily
restricted to GNOME) and repeated complaints by us for them to finally make
KDE a release-blocking desktop.

Now if you ask me about my opinion about the other desktops: IMHO, all the
desktops on the Multi Desktop Live DVD should be considered release-
blocking. I don't see why a blocker bug in, say, Xfce shouldn't be treated
the same way as a blocker bug in GNOME.

        Kevin Kofler