get compiz back in official repository

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 23 00:59:18 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well those are two reasons. The more important third reason is that
> no-one wants to maintain compiz. I don't want to, and drago01 doesn't
> want to any more, that's why he orphaned it. Whether it's 0.8 or 0.9, we
> just don't want to spend the time on it. If you want to, certainly
> no-one will stand in your way...

I also really don't want to go back to having to fix compiz-kde each time we
push a new KDE SC with a new KWin, which would invariably change some
internals which compiz-kde depended on. So I always had to backport fixes
from upstream git, often to ancient versions of Compiz (due to the
conservative way its Fedora package was maintained). The compiz package
maintainers would never take care of it, and we would get the blame for
breaking Compiz if we pushed the new KWin without fixing compiz-kde. Thus,
I'm really glad to see Compiz gone and would like it to stay that way.

        Kevin Kofler