Revelation password manager issue

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:17:35 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rawhide target scratch build of the upstream tree with the fix.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4191839
>
> I have done a local build and test on an F16 system.  Revelation
> informs me that the key file is an old encryption format and requests
> me to resave to update the encryption.
>
> Can someone please do an independent confirmation that this actually
> fixes the underlying issues with the encryption weakness?
>
> There appears to be one potential regression in 0.14.3+ with
> searching...but I think its due to a change in gconf key layout. If
> you experience the search crash...logout/login or shutdown/restart
> and the problem appears to go away.  I saw the crash last week on F16
> and F17 while I was doing initial testing for 0.14.3 test packages
> that I rolled ahead of this security fix landing...but I could not
> duplicate the search traceback again after a system restart... making
> it a bit difficult to track down and squash.
>
> Anyways....I'm inclined to wait for the official release tarball to
> land from upstream tomorrow to push update packages into
> rawhide->F17,F16 testing for release 0.14.4 that rolls in the
> encryption changes. In the meantime anyone who is seriously concerned
> about this, please beat on the on the scratch build and make sure its
> actually a fix.
>
> -jef
> --

Haven't checked the crypto changes, but I do notice this spew when I
try 'Edit->Preferences':

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/revelation", line 206, in <lambda>
    action.connect("activate",		lambda w: self.prefs())
  File "/usr/bin/revelation", line 1527, in prefs
    dialog.run_unique(Preferences, self, self.config)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/revelation/dialog.py", line
1324, in run_unique
    d = create_unique(dialog, *args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/revelation/dialog.py", line
1282, in create_unique
    UNIQUE_DIALOGS[dialog] = dialog(*args)
  File "/usr/bin/revelation", line 1623, in __init__
    self.__init_section_password(self.page_general)
  File "/usr/bin/revelation", line 1762, in __init_section_password
    ui.config_bind(self.config, "passwordgen/punctuation",
self.check_punctuation_chars)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/revelation/ui.py", line
182, in config_bind
    id = cfg.monitor(key, cb_get, widget)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/revelation/config.py", line
150, in monitor
    callback(key, self.get(key), userdata)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/revelation/config.py", line
129, in get
    raise ConfigError
ConfigError

tom