*countable infinities only

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 17:56:45 UTC 2012

On 06/25/2012 11:25 AM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> This seems a bit incongruent with many of the claims made here about
> the degree of participation with cryptographic lockdown required and
> the importance of it.

I think we've made it fairly clear that we don't believe their interpretation
is correct.  This shouldn't surprise anybody.

> I feel like the entire discussion has been a bit unfair where people
> were repeatedly challenged to offer alternatives when things claimed
> to be impossible based on NDAed discussions are, apparently, actually
> possible and the remaining weak alternatives were discarded as not
> being usable enough.

I feel like this is quite patronizing.  We've stated time and again that we
don't believe the scenario you're preaching has any real /viability/, and
so we've chosen not to propose it.  There's no secret here - it's possible
to do, but we don't think it'd last very long before our keys are blacklisted
and we're back to a state where Fedora isn't bootable by default on new
hardware.

This is still completely congruous with what we've been saying all along.

--
         Peter