Revelation password manager issue

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 06:33:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 09:59:55PM -0800, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> > I had a number of problem with guake and its gconf schema, so after
> > discussion here I added this to the spec file:
> >
> > %posttrans
> > killall -HUP gconfd-2 > /dev/null || :
> >
> > That pretty much forces gconf to reload.
>

> Uhm has this been vetted as  not "a bad thing" {tm} by the packaging thinktank?

The killall was in (very?  it's all relative :-) old versions of the
packaging guidelines.  At some point it was tested to be unnecessary
anymore.  If the scriptlets don't work without it, it's probably a bug in
the GConf2 package.  Using the killall in scriptlets would be an okay
workaround (but might have some rpm-update-performance ramifications).

-Toshio