Support for legacy init script actions for systemd services

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 04:13:06 UTC 2012

Mathieu Bridon <bochecha at fedoraproject.org> writes:
> Especially since it handles multiple postgresql instances with an
> optional parameter.

> Tom, can you try to make sure the script
> in /usr/libexec/initscripts/legacy-actions allows the same?

Unless Bill hacked /sbin/service to pass additional parameters through
to the legacy script, I don't see how.  Anyway this seems a bit outside
the charter of the legacy-script feature, which IIUC is to let you do
exactly what you did before.  If you now prefer postgresql-setup,
by all means keep using that.

			regards, tom lane