service restart question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 25 14:02:26 UTC 2012

Am 25.06.2012 15:57, schrieb Gary Kotton:
> My understanding is that if there is a entry in the "Service" section
> "Restart=always", then we can rely on systemd to restart the service if
> it dies.

true and that is why i am change each systemd-unit from early
F15 days on

> Can someone please explain or clarify why this is not the default value?
> I can understand that this should not be set if there is another
> "watcher" process that can restart a failed service

interesting question why the most useful feature of
systemd is wasted which has much more benefit than 2
seconds faster boot

there are only very rare cases where a enabled and started servcie
is expected to die and not start it again is fine for the user