Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 11:52:42 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Well, this is plain nonsense. Do you know how many bug reports do a number of the packagers have ?
And speaking for "A WEEK" is something that is even offensive. People tend to take 2 weeks of vacation still.

So I would make a contra-proposal.

If a maintainer doesn't respond to a bug repord with the status new in a week - give commit rights to the reporter in pkgdb so he/she can fix it himself.

I really think this is way more fare and people that tend to think that packagers are just a bunch of lazy guys should step in do some of this dirty work to get an idea what we speak about.

Alex