Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:52:52 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 12:37 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Don't be so touchy please. The truth is somewhere in between. There
> are maintainers who do not respond for whatever reason and there are
> others who are solving reported issue in a minute. I don't believe
> that it was meant to threaten anybody. You read the "Automating the
> NonResponsiveMaintainers policy" as "remove the original maintainer"
> or "punish him" but it might be very well read in opposite way,
> exactly as you proposed. There is no need for drama.

This was meant to be read as " Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers
policy" not as an threat not as anykind of changes to the
NonResponsiveMaintainers policy itself ( other than the process being
automated as in the steps having to be performed by the reporter which
he currently can do with any bug btw ) and the week period I put in
there was because I currently had weekly run cron job in mind and the
fact that the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy takes 3 weeks to complete
from the reporters point of view with announcement to this list but that
"week" could easily be turned into a "month" instead which would make it
month +3weeks

JBG