Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 16:20:04 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 01:09:00PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> you are missing the differences between "ignored", "assigend" and "fixed"
> where did you see a line that a bug must be fixed in whatever time?
> you did not because it is not there
>
> the point is that if a reporter takes time to file a bugreport
> he can expect any response - this response may be change status

 It seems that you expect professional support service from
 volunteers. Please, use an enterprise Linux distro if you have such
 expectations. I have no clue why we should guarantee you any response
 time.

> from "new" to "assigend" even without any comment

 For example I usually use "assigned" only if I'm sure that the report
 is real issue and I'm able to fix it.

> if you now saying that a maintainer has not the time to do this
> simple step realize that the reporter in the future has no time
> to report any bugs for nothing and that if the "assigned" is
> tto much work the maintainer has really other problems and
> appearently no time to maintain the package any longer

 Freedom is about responsibility. I believe that Fedora maintainers
 love freedom. The idea that responsibility is possible to replaced
 with bureaucracy, processes and meetings is old, unoriginal and
 wrong.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>