Fedora 18 feature processing?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Mon Mar 5 15:40:53 UTC 2012

Hey,

I'm wondering whether there's some kind of disconnect in the feature
process at the moment: In order to avoid the kind of last-minute
inclusion craze that everybody hates, we decided to postpone rpm-4.10
for F18 and hoped to get a pre-release version into rawhide right after
branching F17, but it's been almost a month now since filing the feature
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RPM4.10) ready for wrangler,
with no signs of activity from the wrangler to pass it on to FESCo (or
request corrections) that I can see.

Any idea what's up here? Lots of people are understandably busy with F17
preparations at this point, but now would also be the perfect time to
start introducing features deemed for F18 into rawhide, rather than day
before feature freeze. I'd rather have my "feature" done and dealt with
well before F18 alpha even appears on the horizon.

	- Panu -