Fedora 18 feature processing?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Mar 6 07:37:36 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 08:14 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 07:54 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Panu Matilainen
>> <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering whether there's some kind of disconnect in the feature
>>> process
>>> at the moment: In order to avoid the kind of last-minute inclusion craze
>>> that everybody hates, we decided to postpone rpm-4.10 for F18 and
>>> hoped to
>>> get a pre-release version into rawhide right after branching F17, but
>>> it's
>>> been almost a month now since filing the feature
>>> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RPM4.10) ready for wrangler,
>>> with
>>> no signs of activity from the wrangler to pass it on to FESCo (or
>>> request
>>> corrections) that I can see.
>>>
>>> Any idea what's up here? Lots of people are understandably busy with F17
>>> preparations at this point, but now would also be the perfect time to
>>> start
>>> introducing features deemed for F18 into rawhide, rather than day before
>>> feature freeze. I'd rather have my "feature" done and dealt with well
>>> before
>>> F18 alpha even appears on the horizon.
> Sorry, your feature wrangler has been slightly preoccupied. :)

Oh, no worries, so have I and it's not at all clear whether I would've
had time to get things rolling by before now even if the feature had
been already processed.

I had no idea what kind of entity the wrangler is :) Since it's just a
single person, perhaps there should be a backup wrangler? I mean, we all
get preoccupied every now and then, go on vacations etc.

> I'll get the existing wrangler submissions reviewed/submitted for next
> week's FESCo meeting.

Ack, thanks.

	- Panu -