Roadmap for Java things in Fedora

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 12:47:37 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm pretty sure that Bill ment dropping it from the various packages so gcj is not brought on regular user machine, make packages noarch and etc. not to drop gcj itself. If this was the question - gcj_support has been removed from most of the java packages and one can install a number of java applications without having gcj installed. Also the guidelines has been changed to discourage usage of gcj_support in general.

Alex