[fedora-java] Roadmap for Java things in Fedora

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 11:09:51 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

There are a number of libraries available in RHEL 6 which should enable enhancing EPEL 6 substantionally as long as one don't depend on maven or is ready to either redo the package build system to use ant (mvn ant:ant might be your friend) or package Maven into EPEL 6 (this is something I think will be too much work). EPEL 5 should be out of question for almost everything java related as the java packaging changed a lot since RHEL 5 release.
P.S. This mail is too not discourage too much from working on EPEL :).

Alex