Notice: IPv6 breaking issues tentatively considered blocker for F17

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Mar 10 13:46:56 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> said:
> To be more precise...DHCPv6 is blocked. So I guess if you used a static
> network config it would work.

DHCPv6 is not the only way to configure dynamic IPv6; my home network is
using SLAAC.  IMHO that will probably be more common in home and other
small networks.  The only thing I'd be missing for v6-only would be the
ability to set an equivalent for "next-server" for PXE booting, but I
don't think the PXE stacks support v6 anyway, so it's a moot point.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>