why are is subversion 1.7 for F16/F17 removed

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 12 21:49:33 UTC 2012

On 3/12/12 12:59 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> >  I'm not sure.  Install the build deps needed to rebuild the f17 SRPMs?
> they are NOT solveable for the available src.rpms on F16
> that is why it makes me so crazy that once built and
> working packages are removed in the meantime
>
>> >  don't do the testing on productive systems.
>> >  Do the testing in a separate system (or in a VM)
> i DO testing in many virtual machines and tests was succesful
> how should i imagine that a F15 testing-version will it
> make even not in F16  while other packages are RELEASED
> as RC and even not updated after upstream-final (dbmail)

Every package is different.  While the subversion update required hand
management to bring up to date, the dbmail may not have (note I do not
know if this is true or not).

You can't judge one package by another, upstream version numbers are
practically meaningless, particularly when trying to compare behavior
between two packages.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk