DHCPv6 *still* broken for F17 alpha

Lars Seipel lars.seipel at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:47:23 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012 13:36:06 Dan Williams wrote:
> Whether we care enough about this regression (if you want to call it
> that) versus enabling default IPv6 connectivity I don't know, I tend to
> think we suck up the regression.

Please do. The current behaviour of tearing down working IPv6 connections is
just painful IMHO.

> Next up, since AFAIK fdxx:: is a non-routable private network (like 10/8
> right?) should NM say that we're only connected to a site-local network
> here?

That's probably the best thing to do, in both cases, IPv4 and IPv6. What NM
definitely should not do is say that the connection failed while it's perfectly
connected to a local network where there is just no link to the internet.

Thanks,
Lars