Debuginfo package for Python-2.7 on F14 mismatched or (l)user error?

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Thu Mar 15 21:35:54 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 01:58 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:18:16 +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> we are facing a very strange Python segfault in an OLPC build, based
>> on F14, for XO-1.5 (I know, do you remember _that_ far ago?).
> [...]
>> Full error msg from gdb at http://fpaste.org/YqGv/
>
> All those GDB messages mean your system libraries do not match the core file.

> F-14 is EOLed, its repositories incl. debuginfos are out of date, I do not
> think it matters to spend any time on F-14 at all.

Yes, F-14 is now 1.4 years old, but the situation should not be that bleak.
In particular, the mirrors should contain _matching_ packages and debuginfo,
and the ordinary install command for a particular debuginfo should succeed.
If not, then perhaps a "by-hand" search for the matching debuginfo will succeed.
Check the build-id "by hand", too.  Search the net for any filename which
contains that string.  Look at several mirrors of F-14 for your CPU architecture.

If manual search fails, then get the source, rebuild the offending package
and its debuginfo, install them, re-create the crash, and analyze the new dumps.