F17-alpha: UI unusable

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 23:20:33 UTC 2012

Ok, I don't know what list you want this F17-alpha stuff on but here goes...

I downloaded the F17 alpha DVD and installed it on one of my laptops
today.  I selected Use All Space and Encrypted.  At repos I selected
Installation Repo and Fedora-i386.  Install completed just fine.  Boot
loader installed and then I rebooted.  I created a user account and was
able to login to that user account.  When the GUI appeared I see
Activities on the top left.  I click on Activities and see a vertical
left menu plus a horizontal menu with tabs Windows | Applications.  I
scroll through Applications and start a Terminal.  All I get is a
transparent box with no prompt.  I can see an ibeam pointer so I try
typing text.  Nothing.  So next I try to start Firefox.  All I get is a
blank white box.

Can someone point out what is needed here or do I just file bug reports?