Possible to access Koji build directory?

Jim Meyering meyering at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 10:16:51 UTC 2012

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:00:59AM +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:45:22 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> >
>> > I suspect the answer is 'no', but is is possible to access or download
>> > the build directory of a failed build, on the Fedora Koji servers?
>>
>> GDB (and GCC) tar and uuencode their testsuite results into build.log:
>> * Mon Jun 21 2004 Andrew Cagney <cagney at redhat.com>    1.200400607.4
>> - Tar/uuencode both the .sum and .log test results.
>>
>> It is a bit hack, providing back also other files besides rpms would be great
>> but in fact it works well enough this way.
>>
>> Using then a simple extraction script build.log -> files (*.{sum,log}):
>> 	http://git.jankratochvil.net/?p=nethome.git;a=blob_plain;f=bin/gdbunpack;hb=master
>
> Neat trick, thanks :-)

Thanks to both of you.
That works very well.  However, the base64 output in my first log was
corrupt, due to some asynchronous output (stderr about job completion)
that was emitted in the middle of the big base64 block.
Adding the "sync; sleep 10" part below should avoid that in the future:

Instead of the usual %check rule,

  make %{?_smp_mflags} check

I now use this, when needed:

  # After a failed make check, tar up, compress and base64-encode all results
  # The "sync; sleep 10" should ensure that no async output is printed
  # in the middle of the big base64 block.
  make %{?_smp_mflags} check \