/etc/default in Fedora

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 16:47:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 09:56 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 15.3.2012 09:38, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> >> Why and why just us?
> >
> > Good question, we deviate from upstream default:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout
>
> Do we have somebody to make the stupid item 3 go away?
>
> # If you're having issues with authorization and your permissions are
> # correct make sure that you try testing with SELinux turned off. Run
> # 'setenforce 0' and use 'chcon' to fix permissions. Run 'ls -alZ' to
> # view the current permissions.' SELinux first appeared in Fedora Core
> # 3, RHEL 4, and CentOS 4.
>
> httpd in Fedora/RHEL/CentOS works with SELinux just fine. Anything else
> are bugs, which need to be filed.

Well, it works just fine so long as you understand the various httpd
contexts and that you'll have to set the context on any file that things
running on your server genuinely need to be able to write. So we should
probably ask them to link to http://linux.die.net/man/8/httpd_selinux or
something similar.
--
Adam Williamson