This "karma" stuff is a pain!

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Mar 16 16:53:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM, John Ellson <john.ellson at comcast.net> wrote:
>  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/NetworkManager-0.9.3.995-0.6.git20120314.fc17
>
> The update contains fixes for three problems:  800690, 798102, 802540
>
> I contributed to the first bug, 800690, and duly tested and reported "works
> for me", but I had no involvement in the other two, so I'm not in a position
> to judge their "karma".

Looking at this specific case, I think it would have been appropriate
for dcbw to go ahead and add karma to this update, with a note that
this is "proxy karma" and linking to your comment #10 on that bug.

I regularly add karma to updates in Bodhi myself, but I've also seen
devs add "proxy karma" for me in order to move things along.

- Ken