Qt compiler tool names

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 09:09:45 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > So is it perhaps time to rename the qt3 stuff to -qt3 and make room
> > for the qt4 stuff?
>
> It breaks existing stuff, and besides, we'll have to distinguish Qt 4
> stuff
> from Qt 5 stuff soon too.

Yeah,
it will break Qt 5 very, very soon. For qmake I expect we will stick
with this convention, so qmake-qt5. The more funny part will be the
Qt packages naming.

One thing are package splits. So there will be a new packages,
unrelated to current qt3/qt(4) packages. But I expect we would like to
have a qt(5) metapackage to mimic current Qt structure...

Actually I'd like to start with packaging soon.

R.