Draft schedule for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (19 March 2012)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 13:04:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:25:38AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> /me gave the mail a subject
>
> Jon Ciesla wrote on 18.03.2012 23:33:
> >
> > = New business =
> > [...]
> >
> > #topic #822 F18 Feature: AE1000 USB wifi driver -
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AE1000usb
> > .fesco 822
>
> I must be missing something here. Is that a early April fools joke or is
> that simply a feature where the Feature owner (and apparently nobody
> else) first asked for advise on this list and on
> kernel at lists.fedoraproject.org. If he did it I missed that, which is
> possible, but I'd assume he would have quickly been told that Fedora
> normally(ยน) doesn't do things like that (e.g. include kernel drivers
> that are not in the upstream kernel).

Yeah, there are a number of problems with this Feature request.

1) No discussion at all with the kernel maintainers
2) Testing and development entirely done against F16, not F17
3) kmod
4) out-of-tree kmod
5) No links to upstream patch submissions

Fortunately, I don't think this is even needed anymore.

josh